What’s better than a perfectly made Bar B Que in the backyard?
You will agree that a BBQ party can’t happen without a good grill lying on your backyard deck. But finding that quality grill is absolutely a hectic task.
On that note, I have compiled a list of best grills of 2017. This list is gathered over multiple weeks of hard work involving self-testing and detailed reviewing. So here are top 10 grills which you can buy straight away.
Best Gas Grills 2017
|Top 10 Grills||Video Demo||Burners||Fuel||Cooking Area (inch)||Dimension & Weight|
|Weber Genesis E-330 (Editor’s Choice)||3||Liquid-Propane||637||30 x 60 x 64.5|
|Weber Summit S-670Editor's Recommendation||6||Liquid-Propane||769||30 x 60 x 64.5|
|Dyna-Glo Black Premium Grill||5||Natural Gas||550||56.69×24.61×46.26|
|Weber Spirit E310||3||Natural Gas||424||63x52x32|
|Weber Q3200||None||Natural Gas||393||30 x 50.2 x 55.5|
|Weber Performer Deluxe||None||Charcoal||363||41.25 x 50.25 x 28.5|
|Char-Broil Classic Grill||4||Natural Gas||665||56 x 21 x 45.5|
|Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro||None||Electric||320||38.2 x 25.2 x 24.4|
|Weber Original Kettle Grill||None||Charcoal||363||22 x 25 x 38.5|
|Char-Broil Classic 280||2||Natural Gas||280||41.5 x 49 x 19|
10 Best Gas Grills Reviews & Analysis
Following are up to date best gas grills reviews.
1. Weber Summit S-670 – Best Grill For Commercial Usage
Weber summit S-670 is a premium quality stainless steel grill that acts as the grilling masterpiece of Weber’s line up. The summit S-670 speaks grilling luxury- redefined, not only to its competitors but also for users itself.
Performance speaks volume for the S-670, unlike what you have seen till now. This product is primed to deliver commercial level performance without the signs of deterioration or hindrances like most propane grills.
Boasting massive 6 stainless steel burners, totaling to a whopping 60,800 BTU output, 145-inch warming rack and an area of 769 square inches of cooking space is some seriousness to be reckoned with.
To further add versatility, the grill supplies a 12,000-BTU side burner, a 10,600-BTU Sear Station burner, a 6,800 smoker burner and a 10,600 rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner.
The design of the S-670 boasts nothing short of commercial level brilliance on a household specific note. Featuring a stylish and professional looking stainless steel finish that shouts out class and sophistication.
The enclosed design is carried out in a way which incorporates maximum utilization of every inch available. From burners to side burners and working area, everything is made according to users’ convenience.
The snap-jet individual burner ignition system allows for quick start-up and saves time. Additionally, stainless steel shroud with a built-in thermometer and two extendible heavy duty working areas with six tool hooks for hanging different utensils are some of its key features.
Finally, grilling lights that focus right on the grill are included for better visual management. A 10-foot flexible hose for natural gas installation also comes included.
2. Dyna-Glo Black Premium – A Complete Cooking Solution
If you had the choice to feed an army, the Dyna-Glo grill would serve you that purpose. Natural gas is a prerequisite for this grill.
Performance for this professional piece of equipment is second to none as it offers its users, 5 natural gas burners housed in a double-wall firebox. Churning out a combined total of 55000 BTU, that’s without the 12000 BTU side burner and 12000 BTU rotisserie burner. This gives you the complete grilling/cooking solution for fast and speedy cooking over an area of 764 square inches.
Additionally, the product has a tough and durable lid construction that has a double liner to retain heat and improve cooking efficiency for the burners along with heavy gauge steel end caps for stability.
Despite for its size, the grill is designed to appear slim and sleek along with a cabinet assembly that has two stainless steel double-wall doors and four multi-directional casters.
The matte black and stainless combination give a superior and polished look to the built-in grill surface. Not only giving you striking edges but a reason for your guest to feel overwhelmed.
It comes with the standard features what most natural gas grills have. What’s different is that it has electronic pulse ignition for quick burner lightening. Whereas the hood comes double-layered to retain heat and comes with a built-in thermostat.
3. Weber Spirit E-310 – Most Easy To Use Grill
Coming back with a recent redesign, the Weber natural gas grill Spirit E 310 NG comes packed with all the amenities that can get you grilling in no time. The control panel has been brought to the front in this version.
Whether it’s the back deck or the patio, this nimble outdoor grill is ready for long years of grilling servitude thus making it a perfect family necessity.
The grill offers a 32,000 BTU per hour input, divided between 3 high-grade stainless steel burners over a combined cooking area of 529 square inches. Additionally, the grill offers a 12,000 BTU rated side burner or warming rack to help you in your grilling requirements all year round.
The capacity of this Weber grill is enough to roast a 20-pound turkey and roast meats with vegetables simultaneously if that doesn’t speak performance, what does?
This grill features a minimalistic design that offers everything, the bigger grills offer. Unlike its predecessor, this design features a user-friendly front end control knob panel for optimal user convenience. Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates provide superior heat retention while the durable porcelain-enameled shroud will not fade, peel or rust.
From the side burner to the extendible stainless steel workspace with 6 hooks, the utilization of space is improved and the comfort is greatly increased. A deep black and stainless-steel theme signals sophistication and elegance.
It has an electric crossover ignition system that ignites the three burners almost instantly. Additionally, the grill comes with porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars that smoke and sizzle when cooking juices drip down on them which add flavor to the meal.
On the hood is a center mounted thermometer for perfect temperature feedback.
4. Weber Q-3200 – Best Portable Grill
The product has seen a recent change in 2014, becoming Q 3200 from Q 320 and for the first time is available in natural gas. So, you don’t ever have to worry about the fuel running out.
The small stature of this portable grill is an ideal factor to move it around the patio or top and lower decks of the house.
The grill enables split grates that allow for a grate/griddle cooking combination. The grill has two stainless-steel burners that produce a combined total of 21,700 BTU-per-hour spread over a primary cooking area of 393 square inches.
Also, a warming rack that adds another 69 square inch to keep your food warm. Which ensures enough space for grilling.
The porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body ensure durability and long life.
The Q-3200 has a small footprint and its design allows for it to be used in multiple places of the house. The design allows fold-down side tables that ensure flexibility and convenience for the user.
The entire grill is in a matte black finish for decent outlook. The grill is fixed over a sturdy cart that’s mounted on wheels to add mobility.
The grill comes with an easy-start ignition for quick start-up while having infinite control burner valve settings. The hood has a built-in thermometer for temperature readings and a grill handle light for low light visibility. Additionally, it also comes with 3 tool hooks to hold utensils.
5. Weber Performer Deluxe – Best Charcoal Grill Of 2017
Now who says traditional grillings don’t happen, you just need the right charcoal grills for this purpose. Like what we have here from Weber is their Performer Deluxe charcoal grill.
The grill comes outfitted with innovative heavy-duty Gourmet BBQ system cooking grates, which enable a sound power management system. The main fuel source here is charcoal briquettes that are ignited with a push of a button.
The performance of this grill is not as fast as other grills which have gas or electricity as a fuel source because this grill depends entirely on the input and airflow of briquettes.
Slow ribs or a nice thick piece of beef steak, this grill brings you the perfect combo of slow-cooked tenderness and charred aroma.
The design is rather unique, almost a cart style where the main grill is placed on the far left while a painted metal table extends towards to the right which provides ample space for food preparation.
The characteristics of this grill are minimalistic which feature a design that allows practicality and functionality in a sturdy package.
The grill comes with an Electronic Touch-N-Go gas ignition system to light up the charcoal in a jiffy with a removable LCD cook timer and built-in lid thermometer for temperature management. Touch Cleaning system and a high capacity ash catcher make the clean up process faster and hassle free.
Additionally, you will find storage options to store extra charcoal. It also features a wire bottom shelf, no-rust aluminum vent and a glass-reinforced nylon handle which are some of its robust features. Thus making it one of the best grills available in the market.
6. Charbroil Classic – Best Grill For Large Eat Out’s
Having a grill that can cater to large cookouts is a necessity. The Charbroil 4 burner gas grill has the right balance of features and performance to fulfill all your grilling needs.
This charbroil grill classic delivers solid results featuring 4 stainless-steel burners that give out a combined BTU of 40,000 without the inclusion of the 10,000 BTU lidded side burner. All the heat is spread over a primary cooking area of 480 square inches of porcelain-coated cooking grates.
The design is carried out in such a way that the grill offers convenience without any compromise on style and performance.
The design includes striking stainless steel construction, the lid, handle and control panel and fascia. The large painted metal side shelves offer further practicality.
The char-broil gas grill has an electronic ignition system which offers a reliable spark with every push of the button. Additionally, there is a lid-mounted built in temperature gauge for quick temperature readings.
The grill comes along with a cart that has wheels which increase mobility. The cooking grates are coated with durable porcelain which make them easy-to-clean and rust resistant.
7. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro – Best Grill For Quick Barbecuing
Representing the next generation of patio cooking, the Char Broil TRU-infrared Patio Bistro is a dream come true for people who want quick barbecuing in the tight places.
No fuel, no carbon dioxide production, no extra hassle, all it needs is an electricity supply and you’re all set and ready to grill. This is the new trend for portable grills.
After plugging in your Patio Bistro charbroil infrared gas grill into any standard 120-volt outlet, you’re set to grill on 320 square inches of total grilling surface.
The performance is assured because at the heart of the grill is the TRU-Infrared technology which generates a minimum 65 percent infrared heat that is evenly spread out across the cooking area.
While traditional gas grills use convective heat to cook food, the Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro limits hot air flow and uses natural radiant heat to cook food directly without drying out the food.
The char-broil infrared Patio Bistro boasts a very stylish and trendy bright red design over a gray base. Not only it is eye-catching design but also very attractive to look at.
The design is made to be compact especially the electric version. It enables itself to be used in the small patios of apartments and outdoor areas.
The compact size, quality design and solid construction combined with Char-Broil’s continuously evolving Infrared technology make it into a nifty package.
Additionally, the charbroil infrared grill Patio Bistro comes with a precision dial electric control and porcelain coated premium cooking grates which increase its efficiency.
8. Weber Original Kettle – Grill With Easiest Cleaning System (One Touch)
Even though Weber makes some of the most high-quality Weber gas grills but it all started from the basics. Where?
All it started through these original charcoal based models.
Stop wasting time reading other charcoal grill reviews, as the Weber original kettle has become a household staple not only for the party but also outdoor picnics and caravanning.
Don’t be mistaken for its small size, as this 22-1/2 inch grill packs a solid 363 square inches of ample cooking area to flip those hamburgers with ease.
The original kettle uses charcoal as its primary fuel source and takes charcoal cooking to the next level.
Giving you traditional style and features, the Weber original kettle grill comes with a minimalistic design over a crossed stand to increase the stability. The design is simple to use and clean.
The black porcelain-enameled lid and bowl have the classic Weber design.
Little to no complex features make it very user-friendly and convenient to operate. The Weber gas grill features a 22-inch-diameter plated steel cooking grate with rust-resistant vents that help to prevent major heat build-up.
The bowl and lid of the grill are porcelain enameled with class-reinforced nylon handles which make it easy to use. Additionally, the one-touch cleaning system helps to clear out the ashes in the aluminum ash catcher.
9. Charbroil 280 – Grill With Best Ignition System (Piezo)
The Charbroil Classic 280 grill is something that most homeowners have grown to be a fond off. Simplicity brings it close to practicality, boasting easy to use operations without any complex features and usage.
The Classic 280 grill has all the performance for all your moderate Barbecuing needs. It features 2 burners that produce a combined total of 26,500 BTU, which is spread over an area of 280 square inches of cooking space on porcelain-coated wire grates.
Boasting a deep black paint overtone over the metal, the purpose of the design is aimed towards simplicity and convenience. A front placed control panel provides ease of use for the user, additionally, it comes with plastic side shelves that offer extra workspace with built-in handles and tool hooks.
The Classic 280 grill comes with a Piezo Ignition System for a reliable spark with every push of the button, positioned ideally on the front control panel.
It also comes with a durable porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox, designed to withstand the extreme cooking temperatures and elements.
10. Weber Genesis 6531001 E-330 – Most Durable Grill
At #10 we have Weber’s another masterpiece for you which is quite popular these days among its users. If you have heard the people chattering about an awesome grill in your neighborhood then surely this is the grill, they are praising.
Ability to use both liquid propane or gas as the fuel source is one of those features that surely makes this model stand out among the rest.
Everything about this grill speaks high including its performance as it has a large cooking area of 637 square inches, of which 507 square inches are as its primary cooking area whilst 130 square inches area is as a warming rack.
Having enough large space to be able to avoid batch cooking, this model comes with three main burners which produce 38,000 BTU per hour input. The side burner supplies 12,000 BTU and sear station burner provides 10,000 BTU per hour input. IF this is not the performance then tell me what is it?
Front mounted control panel which makes it easy to use and painted steel frame which avoids rusting are one of those things which make the design of this model elegant.
Another beauty of this model is that it has two heavy duty swivel casters at the front and two at its back which help you to lock its position wherever you want. Is not it sweet?
- This model comes with porcelain-enameled cooking grates which prevent it from rusting.
- Unlike many other grills, this model has its individual electronic ignition system which enables a reliable and quick ignition.
- Flavorizer bars in this model drip the smoke and sizzle, thus giving the perfect flavor to your food.
- It has an enclosed storage area where you can place LP tank.
- The built-in thermometer checks the internal temperature of the grill for the perfect cooking.
- Moreover, It has six tool hooks for hanging various cooking utensils.
Instead of being forced to buy strictly on price or on recommendations that do not really match your pocket or your style, it’s vital that you buy a grill that best suits your style and requirements.
There are various factors that can have a direct effect on the prices of barbecue grills. Knowing this is a major investment for some, it is mandatory for you to keep in mind some key aspects before heading out to buy your favorite barbecue grill.
1. Grill Type
- Gas Grills – Gas grills require either an external propane gas tank or natural gas connection for the burners to burn. These type of grills are the most commonly found household grills. These grills most often have temperature control that offers ideal control for searing or indirect slow cooking. They are often accompanied with electronic ignition that helps to start in seconds. These sort of grills are maintenance prone and often require care and consistent cleanup.
- Charcoal Grills – The traditional grill requires manual ignition, normally through a lighter fluid or old newspapers. Like gas grills, foods cook on cooking grates, the dripping juices drip on charcoal to produce the all famous charred BBQ flavor and aroma. Heat is controlled by the amount of charcoal, its placement in the grill or other mechanism that regulates interior airflow. Greater airflow introduces more oxygen into the grill chamber allowing the charcoal to burn at higher temperatures.
- Electric Grills – Portable gas grills are fairly common and used around the world, they are the easiest alternatives to perishable fuel sources. The new entrants are electric grills whose primary fuel source is electricity, which is used to produce heat on metal rods. It can be either through direct heating or infrared heating technology. Infrared grills come under electric grills, they are easy to operate and move around. No extra hassle of features or mechanics are involved.
2. Grill Cooking Grates
Cooking grates (Metal rods on which meat is placed) play a vital role in the quality of your grilled food. Each grate type offers its own unique advantages and are primarily of three types:
- Coated Aluminum Grates – They are cost effective and most commonly used. Aluminum is thermally responsive and thus a good conductor of heat. The bad part, aluminum is less durable than other material and is prone to become brittle or warp and loose finish over time.
- Cast iron Grates – They have become popular recently for their excellent heat retention and for providing constant cooking temperature on the grilling surface. They do however suffer from thermal shock and show external damage over time.
- Stainless Steel Grates – The high end and expensive grills often use these for their durability and convenience. It’s very easy to clean due to its shiny finish and corrosion free surface.
3. Grill Size
Grill size plays a vital role when choosing a grill. The grilling surface is measured in square inches and for most families, a 3 burner grill comes at 400-500 square inches which is enough for most families. For people with greater needs, 5 and 6 burner versions with up to 600 square inches of cooking area is suggested.
4. Design Aspect
A lot of you might overlook the design aspect. You need to consider following:
- Is my grill practical?
- Does it offer storage options?
- Is it user-friendly and easy to set up and clean altogether?
- Unlike what other grills offer, in terms of usage and practicality, does it offer the ideal balance?
5. Customizable or Not?
Many gas grills today are used with liquid propane tanks which are readily available. Until recently, more people are turning towards natural gas because of its constant availability so it is wise to have a grill that can easily incorporate kits for it to be converted and vice versa.
Additionally, Consider following:
- Does the grill come with options to be fitted with optional accessories provided by the manufacturer like extra warming rack, tool hooks and grilling light? Etc.
Not only this customizable nature offers the grill owner greater versatility but also increases productiveness.
6. Mobility and Convenience in Use
Gas grills tend to be big and made out of metals and weighty material, this should always be considered if you require consistent mobility with your grill. The larger and heavier the grill is, the less likely chances are of it being moved easily. So consider following:
- Does the grill have a crossed arm stand, foldable, or is it cart base, does it offer wheels with breaks that can easily move and stop?
Manufacturer plays an important role because a good company always delivers a solid performing and durable product.
Research your manufacturer well and their product line up. Keeping a keen eye on their product reviews ( Gas Grill Reviews ) and general customers’ response towards the manufacturer’s customer service and follow up services.
A good product once bought today might turn out to be the nightmare if required technical support or repair information is not attainable.
8. Extra Features to Consider
All of the factors above can influence your decision making but additionally, there are some set of features that can greatly increase the price factor, once added. However, these features make the experience a whole lot better in versatility and ease of use.
- Rotisseries – A rotisserie motor can easily be mounted to a grill which makes it easy to cook food for example even a whole turkey.
- Searing Area – Searing creates attractive crusts that provide a unique contrast to complement the meats’ internal juicy appearance. This area in specific has a much powerful burner that reaches high temperature very quickly.
- Side Burners – Side burners allow for the preparation of side dishes and sauces since the grate is basically used for grilling, a traditional stove styled burner is required. This saves time from going into the kitchen and cooking that food separately.
- Storage Option – Storage levels vary from grill to grill. Smaller grills have two access doors that cover the storage compartment containing the LP tank and a shelf for products. Larger grills however have pull-out draws and trays which provide more storage.
- Thermometer – A neat feature is a lid based built-in thermometer that helps to show internal temperature readings and maintaining a steady cooking temperature.
- Electronic Ignition – Most grills do come with this feature, some lower end models do not. However, it is a safe way to light up the grill without burning out your eyebrows.
- Grilling Light – A grilling essential, especially if you are fond of grilling in the low-light situation.
- Standard Warranty – It’s always good to have a product that comes with a standard warranty. Most grills come with a 1-5 year limited warranty. It’s handy and required especially if you’re planning on buying a high-end outdoor gas grill.