What’s better than a perfectly made Bar B Que in the backyard?
You will agree that a BBQ party can’t happen without a good grill lying on your backyard deck. But finding that good grill is absolutely a hectic task.
On that note I have compiled a list of best gas grills 2017
, gathered over multiple weeks of hard work involving self-testing and detailed reviewing. So here are top 10 grills which you can buy straight away.
Top 10 Grills Comparison Chart
10 Best Gas Grills Reviews & Analysis
Following are up to date and honest gas grills reviews.
- This Weber grill offers nothing short of performance as it is bolstering a powerful 38,000 BTU per hour input.
- Unlike previous models, the design of the weber e310 is more user-friendly with a front-use control panel.
- Stainless steel construction shouts out its premium quality everywhere.
- Electronic ignition is added in this model for user’s convenience and reliability.
- One of the neat features of the weber e 310 is a precision gauge which is present to give necessary readings for the fuel level.
- It has the capacity for 637 square inches of cooking space, making sure that the heat is spread to every patty and burger on the griddle.
- This model has porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates that retain heat evenly.
- Even more, it comes along with porcelain-enameled flavorizer bars that help develop aroma and flavor, porcelain-enameled heat deflectors, six tool hooks, two heavy-duty front-locking casters, and two heavy-duty back swivel casters.
Getting in control of these professional and immensely powerful grills is not an amateur’s job. The summit s 670 speaks grilling luxury- redefined, not only to its competitors but also for users itself.
Performance speaks volume for the s 670, unlike what you have seen till now. This product is primed to deliver commercial level performance without the signs of deterioration or hindrances like most propane grills.
Boasting massive 6 stainless steel burners, totaling to a whopping 60,800 BTU output, 145-inch warming rack and an area of 769 square inches of cooking space is some seriousness to be reckoned with.
To further add versatility, the grill supplies a 12,000-BTU side burner, a 10,600-BTU Sear Station burner, a 6,800 smoker burner, and a 10,600 rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner. The figures speak for themselves, so do not be confused with a portable propane grill.
The design of the s670 boasts nothing short of commercial level brilliance on a household specific note. Featuring a stylish and professional looking stainless steel finish that shouts out class and sophistication.
The enclosed design is carried out in a way, which incorporates maximum utilization of every inch available. From burners to side burners and working area, everything is made according to user convenience.
The snap-jet individual burner ignition system allows for quick start-up and saves time. Additionally stainless steel shroud with a built-in thermometer and two extendible heavy duty working areas with six tool hooks for hanging different utensils.
Finally, grilling lights that focus right on the grill for better visual management. A 10-foot flexible hose for natural gas installation also comes included.
Natural gas is a prerequisite, for this grill to be used on your patio or deck. The Dyna-glow symbols class and sophistication for its users and sparks genuine interest from buyers; who know what they want.
Performance for this professional piece of equipment is second to none, as it offers its users 5 natural gas burners housed in a double-wall firebox. Churning out a combined total of 55000 BTU, that’s without the 12000BTU side burner and 12000BTU rotisserie burner. Giving you the complete grilling/cooking solution, for fast and speedy cooking over an area of 764 square inches.
Additionally, the product has a tough and durable lid construction that has a double liner to retain heat and improve cooking efficiency for the burners. Along with heavy gauge steel end caps for stability.
Despite for its size, the grill is designed to appear slim and sleek, along with a cabinet assembly that has two stainless steel double-wall doors and four multi-directional casters.
The matte black and stainless combination gives a superior and polished look to the built-in grill surface. Not only giving you striking edges but a reason for your guest to feel overwhelmed.
It comes with the standard features what most natural gas grills have. What’s different is that it has electronic pulse ignition for quick burner lightening. Whereas the hood comes double-layered to retain heat and comes with a built-in thermostat.
Whether it’s the back deck or the patio, this nimble outdoor grill, is ready for long years of grilling servitude. Becoming that perfect family necessity.
The grill offers a 32,000 BTU per hour input, divided between 3 high-grade stainless steel burners over a combined cooking area of 529 square inches. Additionally, the grill offers a 12,000 BTU rated side burner or warming rack, to perfectly help you in your grilling requirements all year round.
The capacity of this Webber grill is enough to roast a 20-pound turkey and roast meats with vegetables simultaneously if that doesn’t speak performance, what does?
Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates provide superior heat retention and easy cleanup, and the durable porcelain-enameled shroud will not fade, peel or rust.
Featuring a minimalistic design, that offers everything the bigger grills offer. Unlike its predecessor, this design features a user-friendly front end control knob panel, for optimal user convenience.
From the side burner to the extendible stainless steel workspace with 6 hooks, the utilization of space is improved and comfort greatly increased.
A deep black and stainless-steel theme signals sophistication and elegance.
Having an electric crossover ignition system that ignites the three burners almost instantly. Additionally, the grill comes with porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars that smoke and sizzle when cooking juices drip down on them, adding flavor to the meal.
On the hood is a center mounted thermometer, for perfect temperature feedback. Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates provide superior heat retention and clean up easily, and the durable porcelain-enameled shroud is rust resistant.
The small stature of this portable grill is an ideal factor to move it around the patio or top or lower decks of the house.
The grill enables split grates that allow for a grate/griddle cooking combination. The grill has two stainless-steel burners that produce a combined 21,700 BTU-per-hour spread over a primary cooking area of 393 square inches.
Also, a warming rack that adds another 69 square inch to keep your food warm. Ensuring enough space for grilling to large groups or small intimate groups.
The porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body ensure durability and long life, to continue delivering high-quality performance.
The Q300 has a small footprint, its design allows for it to be used in multiple places of the house. The design allows fold-down side tables that ensure flexibility and convenience for the user.
The entire grill is in a matte black finish for decent outlook. The grill is fixed over a sturdy cart, that’s mounted on wheels for added mobility.
The grill comes with an easy-start ignition, for quick start-up while also having infinite control burner valve settings. The hood has a built-in thermometer for temperature readings and a grill handle light, for low light visibility. Additionally, it also comes with 3 tool hooks for an ideal utensil.
Now who says traditional grillings don’t happen, you just need the right charcoal grills for your purpose. Like what we have here from Weber, their Performer Deluxe charcoal grill.
Unlike other natural gas grills or charbroil grills people have become fond of, you can never beat the quality of the traditional and all time classic – charcoal smoker.
The grill comes outfitted with innovative heavy-duty Gourmet BBQ system cooking grates, which enable a sound power management system. The main fuel source here is charcoal briquettes that are ignited with a push of a button.
The performance for this grill is a more slow cooking process, while other types may have faster cooking times. Other types vary between more inputs of gas or electricity, this grill depends entirely on the input and airflow of briquettes.
Slow Ribs? Or a nice thick piece of beef steak, this grill brings you the perfect combo of slow-cooked tenderness and charred aroma.
The design is rather unique, almost a cart style, where the main grill is placed on the far left, while a painted metal table extends towards to the right. Providing ample space for food preparation.
The characteristics of the grill are minimalistic, where you see a very steady grill, ideally placed for slow cooking. Featuring a design that allows practicality and functionality in a sturdy package.
The grill comes with an Electronic Touch-N-Go gas ignition system, to light up the charcoal in a jiffy, with a removable LCD cook timer and built-in lid thermometer for temperature management. Also, a part, Touch Cleaning system, and a high capacity ash catcher, makes clean up faster and hassle free. Additionally, you will find storage options, to store extra charcoal to be protected from elements.
Also featuring a wire bottom shelf, no-rust aluminum vent, and a glass-reinforced nylon handle.
Having a grill that can cater to large cookouts is a necessity. The Charbroil 4 burner gas grill has the right balance of features and performance to fulfill all your grilling needs and more.
Unlike other char broil gas grills, that tend to overpower with features and use, this char broil grill is here to complete your basic set of requirements.
This charbroil grill classic delivers solid results, featuring 4 stainless-steel burners that give out a combined BTU of 40,000, without the inclusion of the 10,000 BTU lidded side burner. All that heat is spread over a primary cooking area of 480 square inches of porcelain-coated cooking grates.
Closed intimate barbecues or large eat out’s, the classic grill acts as the perfect companion for all your grilling needs.
The design is carried out in such a way, that the grill offers convenience without any compromise on style and performance.
A stylish design that features some striking stainless steel construction, the lid, handle and control panel and fascia add to the style. The large painted metal side shelves offer further practicality.
The perfect example of being manageable yet large enough to be imposing to its competitors.
The char-broil gas grill has an electronic ignition system, which offers a reliable spark with every push of the button. Additionally, there is a lid-mounted built in temperature gauge for quick temperature readings.
The grill comes along with a cart that has wheels for increased mobility. For increased ease, the cooking grates are coated with durable porcelain, which makes them easy-to-clean and rust resistant.
Representing the next generation of patio cooking, the char broil tru infrared patio bistro is a dream come true for people who want quick barbecuing in the tightest of places.
No fuel, no carbon dioxide production. No extra hassle, just a simple switch of a button, this is the new trend for portable grills. All it needs is an electricity supply and you’re all set and ready to grill.
After plugging in your Patio Bistro charbroil infrared gas grill into any standard 120-volt outlet, you’re set to grill away on 320 square inches of total grilling surface.
The performance is assured because, at the heart of the grill is the TRU-Infrared technology, which generates a minimum 65 percent infrared heat that is evenly spread out across the cooking area.
While traditional gas grills use convective heat to cook food. The Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro limits hot air flow and uses natural radiant heat to cook food directly, without drying out the food.
The char-broil infrared Patio Bistro boasts a very stylish and trendy bright red design over a gray base. Not only is it eye-catching but also very attractive to look at.
The design is made to be compact, especially the electric version. It enables itself to be used in the smallest of patios of apartments and outdoor areas.
The charbroil infrared grill Patio Bistro doesn’t really have any specific features, but ever since the arrival of new models. The grill shows compact size, quality design, and solid construction, combined with Char-Broil’s continuously evolving Infrared technology combined into a nifty package.
Additionally, the charbroil infrared grill Patio Bistro comes with a precision dial electric control and porcelain coated premium cooking grates.
Even though Weber makes some of the most high-quality weber gas grills, it all started from the basics. Where? Right through these original charcoal based models. Stop wasting time reading charcoal grill reviews, the Weber original kettle has become a household staple, not only for the party but also outdoor picnics and caravanning.
Don’t be mistaken for its small size, as this 22-1/2 inch grills packs a solid 363 square inches of ample cooking area, to flip those hamburgers to perfection.
The original kettle uses charcoal as its primary fuel source and takes charcoal cooking to the next level.
Giving you traditional style and features, the Weber original kettle grill comes with a minimalistic design, over a crossed stand for increased stability. The design is simple to use and clean. Little to no complex features makes it very user-friendly and convenient to operate.
The black porcelain-enameled lid and bowl have the classic Weber design.
The weber gas grill features a 22-inch-diameter plated steel cooking grate with rust-resistant vents that help prevent major heat build-up. The bowl and lid of the grill are porcelain enameled, with class-reinforced nylon handles. Additionally, the one-touch cleaning system helps clear out the ashes in the aluminum ash catcher.
The Charbroil classic 280 grill is something that most homeowners have grown to be a fond off. Not only has it brought people together for good times of laughter but also parties.
Simplicity brings it close to practicality, boasting easy to use operation without any complex features and usage.
The Classic 280 grill has all the performance for all your moderate Barbequing needs. Featuring 2 burners that produce a combined total of 26,500 BTU. Spread over an area of 280 square inches of cooking space on porcelain-coated wire grates.
A simple evening barbecue is just a flick of a switch away.
Boasting a deep black paint overtone over the metal, the purpose of the design is aimed towards simplicity and convenience. A front placed control panel provides ease of use for the user additionally it comes with plastic side shelves that offer extra workspace with built-in handles and tool hooks.
The Classic 280 grill, comes with a piezo ignition system for a reliable spark with every push of the button, positioned ideally on the front control panel.
It also comes with a durable porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox, designed to withstand the extreme cooking temperatures and elements
There is nothing better than a group of friends over a hearty meal of grilled foods and delicacies. But if your grilling endeavor is consistently bugged by reoccurring flare-ups, rust and uneven grilling, I reckon it’s time, you start searching for the best outdoor grills that are new and latest.
Which aspects make the best gas grill?
Instead of being forced to buy strictly on price, or recommendations that do not really match your pocket or your style.
It’s vital, to have the best experience that you buy a grill that best suits your style and requirements.
Considering that, there are various factors that can have a direct effect on the prices of barbecue grills. Knowing this is a major investment for some, it is mandatory you keep in mind some key aspects before heading out to buy your favorite barbecue grill.
1. Grill Type
There are three primary types of grills namely and usage depends on the preference of the user.
- Gas Grills – Gas grills require either an external propane gas tank or natural gas connection for the burners to burn, these type of grills are the most commonly found household grills. These grills most often have temperature control that offers ideal control for searing or indirect slow cooking. They are often accompanied with electronic ignition that helps start up in seconds. These sort of grills are maintenance prone and often require care and consistent clean up.
- Charcoal Grills – The traditional grill requires manual ignition, normally through a lighter fluid or old newspapers. Like gas grills, foods cook on cooking grates, the dripping juices drip on charcoal to produce the all famous charred BBQ flavor and aroma. Heat is controlled by the amount of charcoal, its placement in the grill, and a wheel or other mechanism that regulates interior airflow. Greater airflow introduces more oxygen into the grill chamber, allowing the charcoal to burn at higher temperatures.
- Electric Grills – portable gas grills are fairly common and used around the world, they are the easiest alternatives to perishable fuel sources. The new entrants are electric grills, whose primary fuel source is electricity, which is used to produce heat on metal rods. It can be either through direct heating, or infrared heating technology. Infrared grills come under electric grills, they are easy to operate and move around. No extra hassle of features or mechanics are involved.
2. Grill Cooking Grates
Cooking grates (Metal rods on which meat is placed) play a vital role in the quality of your grilled food. Each grate type offers its own unique advantages, and are primarily of three types:
- Coated aluminum – they are cost effective and most commonly used. Aluminum is thermally responsive and thus a good conductor of heat. The bad part, aluminum is less durable than other material and is prone to becoming brittle or warp and loose finish over time.
- Cast iron grates – have become popular recently, for they excellent heat retention and providing constant cooking temperatures on the grilling surface. They do however suffer from thermal shock and show external damage over time.
- Stainless steel – The high end and expensive grills often use these for their durability and convenience. It’s very easy to clean due to its shiny finish and corrosion free surface.
3. Grill Size
Grill size places a big factor when selecting your choice. The grilling surface is measured in square inches and for most families, a 3 burner grill comes at 400-500 square inches, which is enough for most families. For people with greater needs, moving onto 5 and 6 burner versions with up to 600 square inches of cooking area is suggested.
4. Design Aspect
A lot of you might overlook the design aspect, is my grill practical? does it offer storage options? Is it user-friendly and easy to set up and clean altogether?
What might be an outdoor eyesore before, has to be an attractive and stylish design today. Unlike what other grills offer, in terms of usage and practicality, does it offer the ideal balance?
5. Customizable or Not?
Many gas grills today are used with liquid propane tanks, which are readily available. Until recently, more people are turning towards natural gas because of its constant availability, so it is wise to have a gas grill that can easily incorporate kits for it to be converted and vice versa.
Additionally, does the grill come with options to be fitted with optional accessories provided by the manufacturer, extra warming rack, tool hooks, grilling light? Etc.
Not only will this customizable nature offer the grill owner greater versatility but also added productiveness.
6. Mobility and Convenience in Use
Gas grills tend to be big and made out of metals and weighty material, this should be looked into if you require consistent mobility with your grill. The larger and heavier the grill, the less likely chances of it being moved regularly.
Does the grill have a crossed arm stand, foldable, or is it cart base, does it offer wheels with breaks that can easily move and stop.
Keeping this in mind ahead of buying can save a lot of trouble later on. Maybe, having a portable gas grill can be of help?
Manufacturer plays an important role because it signals confidence and integrity of the company to deliver a solid performing and durable product.
Research your manufacturer well and their product line up. Keeping a keen eye on their product reviews and general customer response towards the manufacturer’s customer service and follow up services.
A good product once bought today, might turn out to be the nightmare, if required technical support or repair information is not attainable.
8. Extra Features to Consider
All of the factors above can influence your decision making, but additionally there are some set of features that can greatly tip the price factor, once added. However, these features make the experience a whole lot better in versatility and ease of use.
- Rotisseries – A rotisserie motor can easily be mounted to a grill and the spit extend across the surface of the grill. Say perhaps, if you like to cook a whole turkey, just spear through and let the motor turn so evenly till perfection.
- Searing Area – Searing creates attractive crusts that provide a unique contrast to complement the meats internal juicy appearance. This area in specific has a much powerful burner that reaches high temperatures very quickly.
- Side Burners – Side burners allow for the preparation of side dishes and sauces since the grate is basically used for grilling, a more traditional stove styled burner is required. Saving time, from going into the kitchen and cooking their separately.
- Storage Option – Storage levels vary from grill to grill, while smaller grills have two access doors that cover the storage compartment, containing the LP tank and a shelf for products. Larger grills however have pull-out draws and trays.
- Thermometer – A neat feature is a lid based built-in thermometer that helps to show internal temperature readings and maintaining a steady cooking temperature.
- Electronic Ignition – Most grills do come with this feature, some lower end models do not. However, it is a safe way to light up the grill without burning out your eyebrows.
- Grilling light – A grilling essential, especially if you are fond of grilling in the low-light situation. Giving you great viewing clarity at the place of grilling for added convenience.
- standard warranty – It’s always good to have a product that comes with a standard warranty, most grills come with a 1-5 year limited warranty. It’s handy and required, especially if you’re planning on buying a high-end outdoor gas grill.
What you should do when you head out to buy
You took so much of your time reading through intensive and detailed gas grill reviews, you can’t really go out buying cheap gas grills.
Providing you a list of the quickest glances in the beginning, and following through into the second half with a detailed section. You learned the ins and outs of each respective product, their pros and cons and read their individual conclusions.
Now, considering you have selected your preferred barbecue grill, it is important that you apply the following buyer’s guide on it.
Even though your choice might be something else, the buyer’s guide will help determine your preferred selection that may have been overlooked. It will help you in making a more informed decision, so you get the best for your input of money. In case you think we missed a good grill, let us know.
Your preference matters! Say no to those flashing gas grills on sale, marketers meticulously grab you in the promotions and end up forcing you to buy a product that you don’t ‘feel a 100%’ about.