Before you can begin designing your custom gas grill enclosure you need to pick the perfect grill. Most high-end gas grills come in an insert configuration that allows you to put it where you want it, but many are not a standard size so pick your grill first. Here are the top 10 gas grill inserts over $4,000 to help you find the one that is right for you. Prices can vary a lot so make sure to do some serious shopping to get as much as you can for little as possible.
Viking Ultra-Premium 54-Inch
It is hard to turn on a cooking show and not see Viking products. They have done an amazing job of putting their products in the highest end kitchens, professional and home, to inspire confidence and make them the brand to ask for. The question here is, do they make a good outdoor gas grill? After all, that is the center of any outdoor kitchen, which is what they are offering — a full (and very expensive) line of outdoor products.
- Excellent construction
- Has a Viking logo on the front
- Part of a vast line of outdoor products
- Ceramic briquette barrier can cause some flare-ups
- Cooking grates and lightweight for the price range
- Four 25,000 BTU stainless steel burners
- 850 square inches of primary grilling space
- 100,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Two 15,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burners with 55-pound capacity rotisserie rod
- Complete seamless welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Ceramic briquette barrier
- Internal smoker box
- Electric ignition
- Two built in halogen grill lights
- Made in the United States by Viking
For years professionals in the outdoor cooking equipment industry would tell you that the Viking grills were an afterthought, a product thrown together to fill out the product line for people who have way too much money and just want the Viking name all over their indoor and outdoor kitchens.
Yes, it is harsh, and in truth not entirely justified. Viking has made good gas grills, but there have always been better grills on the market.
Now, Viking has redesigned their grills with an eye on improving the line and putting the critics to bed. First, a few notes: This is an expensive grill. Just the grill head, without a cart (which few will opt to buy), cabinetry, or a side burner this gas grill is well over $6,000 depending on the configuration.
It is also a well built grill. Made entirely from heavy, well polished, 304 stainless steel, the construction of this grill is among the best. This particular model is also very large. With around 6 square feet of cooking space, this model is one of the largest gas grills on the market and more than enough for most anyone’s needs.
Drilling down to the design of the grill, it is actually very typical. The four 25,000 BTU stainless steel burners pump out plenty of heat under a layer of ceramic briquettes that sit under stainless steel rod cooking grates. The grates are ordinary and no different than those found on grills costing a quarter of the price. The distance between the burners and the cooking surface is small. This means uneven heat. The heat is evened by the ceramic layer, but still, a deeper firebox would work better. Drippings from food burns away on the ceramic layer and this can lead to flare-ups depending on what is cooked and how.
Viking is an innovative brand, but unfortunately, their grills are not innovative. Many people will likely buy this product, but not because it is an excellent grill, because of the name on the front.
Kalamazoo K750HB Hybrid
Why are the Hybrid Fire Grills from Kalamazoo so special? You’d think it would be enough to be “the best gas grill in the world.” Awesome firepower. Advanced heat dynamics. Custom grill grates. Easy to clean. But a Kalamazoo Hybrid Fire Grill gives you more – the ability to cook with charcoal and wood as well. These revolutionary outdoor grills use all three fuels interchangeably and in any combination.
Every outdoor cooking technique is at your disposal, from “low and slow” traditional American barbecue to intense searing heat in excess of 1,000ºF, and everything in between. A Kalamazoo Hybrid Fire Grill can do it all and make it look easy.
Capital Performance Series 40-Inch
- 25,000 BTU “W” shaped stainless steel burner
- 25,000 BTU Ceramic “Infrared-Zone” adjustable burner
- 15,000 BTU Infrared rotisserie burner
- 2 – 20 watt built-in halogen light
- “Rapid-Fire” electronic ignition
- 14 gauge stainless steel “WAVE” shaped radiant trays reduce flare-ups
- Seamless construction – no sharp corners
- 50 lb capacity rotisserie motor
- “Zone Cooking” features allows optimization of temperature zones for HI, LO & MED
- Reversible, two position stainless welded channel grates w/ “Grease Channeling Design”
- Double Lined hood w/reinforced sides minimizes discoloration and warping
- Cart storage drawers on “EZ-Glides” for smooth operation
- “Smart” drip pan tray on rollers w/removable internal spill trays
- Collapsible side tray shelves w/rubber bumpers to protect side panels
- Removable stainless steel warming rack
- Flash tube match lighting for optional ignition
- 304 Stainless Steel
- Elegant half circle bull-nose
- Chrome plated bezels, end caps and knobs
- All seamless construction means no sharp corners
- Accent stripes on lid
- Lid handle with knurling
- Rounded bull nose, cart drawers and side shelves
- Hidden Castors
Fire Magic Diamond Series Echelon E1060i Built-in Gas Grill
- Unique 5 Ways to Cook system allows you to grill, sear, smoke, rotis and even charcoal grill
- Large cooking area holds more burgers than competitor’s next size up, while taking up less counter space
- 4-Zone illuminated digital thermometer with meat probe means more socializing and less grill tending
- Blue back lit LED safety knobs and angled internal halogen lights for night time grilling in style
- Fire Magic grills are proudly made in the USA and have been since 1937
When only the best will do, Fire Magic offers the Echelon Diamond series, combining the ultimate in performance, beauty and innovation. Crafting American-made premium grills for over 75 years, Fire Magic is dedicated to providing their customers with a quality outdoor cooking experience. This Fire Magic Echelon built-in gas grill features 304 stainless steel construction for lasting quality, and modern styling with a sleek, contoured control panel. It comes with a spring-assisted, double-walled tear-drop hood, a removable warming rack, a 12V electric hot surface ignition with flash tube back-up and a 12 inch deep firebox for complete convection cooking.
The four main cast stainless steel E burners produce a total of 112,000 BTUs on the grilling surface, and the Diamond Sear cooking grids provide an ample 1056 square inches of grilling area. This grill also features two 11,000 BTU stainless steel Quantum rotisserie burners with rotisserie kit, which heat up quicker than other rotisserie burners and are designed to direct heat only to the food and not the rest of the grill. The grill also comes with a stainless steel charcoal/smoker basket for adding wood-fired flavor to your food.
The heat zone separators allow you to cook at different temperatures across the grilling surface, while the integrated premium digital thermometer lets you monitor the temperature of each cooking zone. The thermometer also includes a meat probe, timer and alarms that can set for cooking zone temperature and food temperature. The angled 12V halogen oven lights and back-lit knobs make cooking at night simple and fun. This grill also features rear storage for your rotisserie kit and warming rack when not in use.
Cleaning the grill is easy with the included grid lifter and the disposable drip pan collection system that is designed to prevent grease pan flare-ups. The Echelon Diamond requires a 110V power source to work properly and a wiring harness protects wiring from the heat of the grill. Each Echelon Diamond grill comes with a getting started DVD to make using your grill easy and fun.
Solaire 42-Inch Built-in
SOL-AGBQ-42VI-NG Solaire 42 Inch Built-In InfraVection (NG) Natural Gas Grill With Two Infrared Burners And Rotisserie
- One Convection And Two Ceramic Infrared Burners
- 82000 Total BTUs
- 18000 BTU Infrared Rotisserie Backburner
- Can Easily Convert Infrared Burner To Convection Burner For InfraVection
Delivery times depend on location. You must be present to accept delivery. Curb Side Delivery Only. Shipping prices are for with-in the Continental United States (Contiguous USA). Shipments to Alaska Hawaii and Puerto Rico require additional charges. All other countries and US Territories are considered International for which there is an additional charges.
Ships via Freight
Twin Eagles Premium 42-Inch
- 25,000 BTU burners, constructed of 14 gauge 304 stainless steel with lifetime warranty
- High-quality ceramic briquettes
- Hexagonal grates for maximum food-to-surface contact
- Zone dividers to regulate different temperatures
- Reliable hot surface ignition
- Easy-to-open hood assist system
- Interior lights with hood-activated light switch for nighttime grilling
- Exclusive Control Illumination provides a precise control knob setting
- Extra Large 3-Position Warming & Cooking Rack
TEC Sterling G3000 FR Infrared
Sterling G3000 FR Infrared Gas Grill – Built In features a thick 304 stainless steel body, 14-gauge double lined stainless steel hood with an artistc curve, and quality machined aluminum knobs. It also features a 696 square inches of cooking area (522 primary), (3) stainless steel non-mesh infrared burners with a total of 51,000 BTU’s, stainless steel removable drip tray, and a warming rack to keep your food warm at all times. The push button battery ignition, self cleaning glass radiant panels, and removable inner trim panels make it easy to clean and operate.
Lynx Professional 42-Inch
- Three cast brass burners (75,000 BTUs)
- 1200-sq.-in. cooking surface (855 primary, 345 secondary)
- Hot surface ignition system
- Control illumination with blue LEDs
- Dual halogen grill surface lights
- Heat stabilizing design
- Temperature gauge
- Fluid rotation handle
- Lynx Hood Assist Kit
- Premium smoker box included
- Stainless steel grilling grates
- Dual-position rotisserie with heavy-duty, 3-speed motor and rear infrared burner (16,000 BTUs)
- Ceramic Briquettes facilitate even radiant heat distribution
- Heavy-duty welded construction eliminates gaps where grease and moisture can collect
DCS 36-inch Professional
The 36 Inch Professional Built-In Grill With Rotisserie is the ultimate built in grill for outdoor cooking featuring:
• (3) U-Shaped 304 Grade Stainless Steel Burners
• Rated at 25,000 BTU’s Per Burner
• Dedicated 3,500 BTU’s Smoker Tray
• Grease Management System
• 9-Volt Battery Ignition Feature
• Double Sided Cast 304 Grade Stainless Steel Grilling Grates
• Ceramic Radiant Technology Provides Intense, Even Heat
• Dedicated 14,000 BTU’s Infrared Rotisserie Burner
• 40-Watt Halogen Light Integrated On Rotisserie Motor
• Rotisserie Accommodates Up To 50 LBS
• Liquid Propane or Natural Gas Option
Alfresco LX2 42-Inch
There are a lot of expensive stainless steel gas grills on the market. Most are well built of high-quality stainless steel with welded seams and high gloss finishes. Alfresco is no exception to this. This big, beautiful gas grill is loaded with power and built to last. The even heat will generate high cooking temperatures and give you all you want out of a grill and with enough options to fit any need.
The 82,500 BTU output of the main burners heats this grill up hot and fast. You can swap out one of these burners for an infrared unit, but with the heat of this grill, you probably won’t need the extra searing power.
- Superior construction
- Fully integrated rotisserie system
- Part of a complete line of Outdoor Kitchen products
- Replacement parts are very expensive
- Three 27,500 BTU titanium stainless steel blended U-shaped burners (one burner can be replaced with an optional infrared burner)
- 770 square inches of primary grilling space plus a 4 position warming rack
- 82,500 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 18,500 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with built in chain driven rotisserie motor
- 7,000 BTU dedicated smoker burner
- Two internal halogen lights
- Porcelain ceramic briquette barrier
- Complete 304 welded stainless steel construction
- Electronic Igniter
- Options include sear burner, side burners, refrigerator and much more
- Convertible between propane and natural gas with additional equipment
- Made in the United States by Alfresco Grills