The top 10 gas grills between $250 and $500 on the market for 2017. If you are looking to purchase a new grill for between $250 and $500 (based on typical selling price) then these are the one you should be looking at. In this price range look for a basic grill that can cook and last around 5 years.
For more advice on gas grills in this price range see my Gas Grills between $250 and $500 Buyer’s Guide.
Huntington Patriot 4400 4-Burner
Savor the results. The powerful cooking system on the Huntington Patriot 4400 delivers a grilling experience that will satisfy the most demanding outdoor chef. A deep oven, heavy duty cast iron cooking grids and powerful burner system provide superior heat retention for flavorful results. The spacious storage cabinet and large side shelves provide room for all your grilling essentials. The Huntington Patriot is outdoor cooking excellence at your fingertips.
- Extra deep cook box provides even heat distribution and oven like performance
- 40, 000 BTU main burner system, featuring 4 stainless steel tube burners, delivers even heat through the entire cook box, burners feature a 5-year warranty
- 10,000 BTU side burner provides the ability to prepare side dishes quickly and efficiently
- 644 sq. in. of total grilling area – 444 sq. in. primary grilling area; 200 sq. in. warming rack
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grids are durable and easy to clean making them ideal for everyday use
- Porcelain coated flav-r-wave cooking system protects the burner and vaporizes juices for sizzling flavor
- Linear-flow valves equip this grill with precision heat control
- Accu-temp thermometer measures oven temperature precisely
- Sure-lite electronic ignition system provides a quick start to your grill in any weather condition
- 2-durable side shelves offer extra work space
- Spacious cabinet provides plenty of room for a propane tank (not included) and other grilling essentials
- Easily move the grill on 2 front locking swivel casters and 2 back swivel casters
Char-Broil Commercial Infrared 3-Burner Model# 463242516
- Liquid propane gas grill with fuel tank gauge included
- 575-sq in total cooking area: 420-sq in primary and 155-sq in warming rack
- Porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates retain heat evenly and clean easily
- 3 durable Stainless steel burners and one 13,000-BTU side burner
- Surefire electronic ignition syncs every burner for quick, reliable startups
- Fixed side shelf for more prep space
- TRU-Infrared technology for juicier food, no flare-ups and even heat
- Fully enclosed cabinet to store your grilling accessories
- 1-year limited grill warranty and 10-yr limited burner warranty
Broil King Baron 440
The Broil King Baron 440 is a mid-size 4-burner gas grill. Broil King’s expanded presence in the USA via Lowe’s seems to be going well. Consumers are beginning to discover these beautiful well-made Canadian grills on Lowe’s showroom floors and comparing them very favorably to Weber. A high compliment indeed!
The grill head is a porcelain coated steel firebox and double wall stainless steel hood with cast aluminum hood end caps. Four 10,000 BTU main burners and a 10,000 BTU side burner. Coated, cast iron cooking grates. Flav-R-Wave heat tents blanket the bottom of the deep firebox, mitigating flare ups, sizzling drippings and radiating heat. The cook box is deep, the hood is high. Many believe this design enhances roasting. Certainly the headroom in the hood is great for rotisserie and large items like roasts and turkeys.
Broil King claims their patented Dual Tube Burners produce more even heat and increase burner life. Gas enters the burner first through a small, perforated tube within the large stainless steel burner tube. The design is intended to create even gas pressure throughout the burner, resulting in even flame and evenly distributed heat stress on the burner. Check out this Broil King promo video, or head to Lowe’s and kick it around in person.
Stainless steel side shelves fold down for compact storage. The cart has two doors and four casters. Electronic ignition.
Limited Lifetime Warranty on the casing, ten years on the burners and 2 years on everything else.
Cadac Stratos 3-Burner Stainless Steel
Cadac Stratos 3 Stainless Steel 39,000 BTU Gas Grill Mmm … there’s nothing like the smell of grilled burgers, hotdogs and steaks. Extend your culinary pleasures to the outdoors with this stylish and high-performance grill from Cadac. It comes with three high-grade stainless burners as well as an aluminum die-cast side burner, both triggered by automatic piezo ignitions. And with a main cooking area covering 390 square inches, you have plenty of room to grill up delicious meals for family and friends.
Broil-King Signet 320
- Broil King Signet 320 liquid propane gas grill uses the stainless steel Flav-R-Wave™ system to distribute heat, protect the burners and vaporize drippings for a great barbecue flavor
- 3 stainless steel Dual-Tube™ burners deliver a total of 40,000-BTUs to heat the grill quickly and evenly
- 400-sq in primary cooking area gives you plenty of room to cook up your favorite meals, and a 235-sq in warming rack offers extra space to prepare side dishes or keep food at serving temperature
- Reversible cast-iron cooking grids are pointed on one side and grooved on the other to give you perfect grill marks while capturing juices for continuous basting
- Sure-Lite™ electronic ignition starts the grill hassle-free, and the Linear-Flow™ valves with 180° Sensi-Touch™ control knobs let you set the perfect temperature for searing, roasting or slow cooking
- Stainless steel side shelves provide a spot to keep utensils, seasonings or food platters and easily fold down for convenient storage in tight spaces
- Deluxe Accu-Temp™ thermometer has a probe that reaches down deep into the oven, giving you a more accurate temperature for well-done foods
- Extra-deep, rust-resistant Therma-Cast™ aluminum cook box with stainless steel lid insert retains heat for efficient cooking
- Limited lifetime grill warranty and 10-year limited burner warranty give you peace of mind
Weber Spirit E-310
The Weber Spirit E-310 46510001 is part of the Gas grill test program at Consumer Reports. In our lab tests, Gas grill models like the Spirit E-310 46510001 are rated on multiple criteria, such as those listed below.
Evenness performance: Evenness of heating over the grill’s surface at the highest and lowest setting using all main burners plus the evenness after a 10 minute preheat, using thermo couples.
Preheat performance: Evaluates the temperature after a 10 minute preheat using thermo couples. It also gives an indication how quickly the grill reaches its maximum temperature.
Temperature range: Reflects how wide a temperature span the grill offers by comparing temperatures at the high setting and low setting using all the main burners.
Char-Griller Grillin Pro Model# 3001
Whip up a range of delicious recipes with the help of this Char Griller Grillin’ Pro. It is constructed of sturdy tubular steel and features dual smoke stacks for better ventilation. This 3-burner grill has porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates and a stainless steel thermometer for precision cooking. Additional features include an ignitor probe on every burner for added convenience. This Char Griller gas grill also comes with a removable grease catcher for easy clean up.
- 630 sq. in. total cooking area: 438 sq. in. primary and 192 sq. in. warming rack
- Three 40,800-BTU main burners and one 12,000-BTU side burner
- Porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates and stainless steel burners are durable
- Fixed side shelf for more prep space
- Dependable stay-cool handle for safe lifting
- Liquid propane gas grill with room for 30 hamburgers
- Dual smoke stacks for even heating
Stok 4-Burner Quattro Gas Grill Model# SGP4330SB
Convert this STOK Quattro 4-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill to cook a variety of foods using its STOK Grilling Insert System that accommodates interchangeable pizza stone, griddle, vegetable tray and other STOK grill inserts (not included) for versatility. Your favorite dishes will sizzle over its durable, porcelain-coated cast iron grates thanks to 48,000 BTUs of heating power. The grill’s heat tent design reduces flare-ups and helps maintain even grilling temperatures for thorough cooking.
- Grill Surface Area: 400 sq. in.
- Features: Gas Ignition system, Storage Cabinet, Push-Button Ignitor, Non-Stick Cooking Surface, Locking Casters
- Includes: Hose and Regulator, Grill Cart/Stand, Grilling Racks, Lid
- Heat Output: 48000 BTU
- Frame Material: Stainless Steel
- Protective Qualities: Corrosion Resistant, Wind-resistant, Heat-resistant Handle, Weatherproof
- Care and Cleaning: Hand wash
- Assembly Details: assembly required, tools not provided
- Warranty Information: To obtain a copy of the manufacturer’s warranty for this item, please call Target Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869.
- TCIN: 14012513
- UPC: 033287156368
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 009-07-0445
- Origin: Imported
Nexgrill Evolution 5-Burner 720-0882
Enjoy grilling on this durable Nexgrill Evolution 5-Burner Stainless Steel Gas Grill. Great for everyday or large gatherings with its spacious cooking area and individual control knobs. An exclusive even-heat system with stainless steel burners angled flame tamers and enhanced grates work together to enhance consistent heat distribution across the entire grill surface and reduce flare-ups.
The stainless steel infrared heat plates can be placed above the cooking grids for optimal heat evenness and keeping food juicy, or below for greater infrared heating while creating perfect grill marks. The heat plates can also hold wood chips for those delicious smoky flavors. Lastly, the grill’s firebox compartment system allows for up to 3 separate heat zones so that you’re always in full control.
|Natural Gas Option||Dual energy valves and natural gas orifices|
|Main Burners||5 stainless steel main burners|
|Intense Heat Sear Burner||N/A|
|Side Burner||Stainless steel ring side burner|
|Main Cooking grids||Stainless steel cooking grates|
|Flame Tamers||Angled stainless steel flame tamers|
|Ignition System||Individual burner electronic ignition|
|Main Lid||Fully welded stainless steel main lid|
|Temp Gauge||Oversized temperature gauge|
|Side Shelves||Stainless steel side shelves|
|Door(s)||2 stainless steel doors|
|Tank Enclosure||Tank hole|
|Casters||4 casters for easy mobility|
|Total Cooking Surface||670 sq. in.|
|Primary Cooking Surface||486 sq. in.|
|Secondary Cooking Surface||183 sq. in.|
|Firebox Dimensions||30″W x 17.5″D Stainless steel|
|Assembled Dimensions||54.25″L x 22.25″W x 46″H|
|Assembled Weight||99 lbs.|
|Packaged Dimensions||39.96″L x 30.31″W x 20.67″H|
|Packaged Weight||120 lbs.|
|Natural Gas Kit Model #||710-0778A|
Dyna-Glo Smart Space Living 2-Burner Model# DGP350SNP-D
The Dyna-Glo DGP350SNP-D Smart Space Living Gas Grill is designed to fit on smaller decks and patios while providing the style, efficiency and high performance cooks expect when investing in an outdoor grill. Made of stainless steel with cast aluminum end caps and 467-total inches of cooking space, the (2) “P” shaped burners provide 15,000-BTU’s each (30,000 total) and protected by (2) steel enameled heat tents that distributes heat evenly.
An electronic pulse ignition activates the burners that are controlled by (2) dials to customize the heat temperature for your specific needs. The (2) easy to clean, enameled cast-iron cooking grates retain heat to sear foods and lock in natural juices and provide 350-square inches of primary cooking space. An additional 117-square inch of space is available through a raised secondary cooking area.
The hood (or lid) has an easy lift handle for opening and designed with a temperature gauge and a double-wall liner to retain heat. Additional features include drop down tables with tool hooks and towel bars on either side of the grill to provide counter space and utensils storage, a single door cabinet with a “tank seat” propane storage area and (2) locking and (2) non-locking heavy-duty wheel casters at the base of the grill. Premium cover included.